There seem to be a few things that people believe about Ubuntu, here’s some of the ones I used to think myself:
- Leaving Windows means leaving updates.
- Ubuntu has a lot of updates over time – possible more than Windows. The difference is that Ubuntu updates EVERYTHING. All programs, all underlying stuff… everything. In one window!
- Using Linux means using a command line / terminal
- It is entirely possible to use Ubuntu and NEVER know where the terminal is, nevermind using it.
- Using the terminal is NOT hard. Most of the time it’s just literally copying and pasting. Nothing hard about that, right?
To be continued…